Wednesday 5 February 2014

Feb at Village Haberdashery

A couple of monthly sponsor posts back to back as there are a couple of offers at Village Haberdashery and Eternal Maker that are only applicable for a few days and I want to share!
Starting with Village Haberdashery.  Annie has posted details on a how to make an easy strip quilt Snow and Ice  and there are a big stack of strips left over (around 2 metres of fabric) up for grabs-click here- and visit the post to be in with a chance of winning.

Koi Canvas is in stock- great for bags, cushions- especially the back of a cushion with a pieced front and other items that need strength and a bit of structure.
For Anna Maria Horner fans there are two new ranges available.  My immediate favourite of these is Dowry and it looks like it has been popular.  Echoes of older collections with new elements added.
I love the Tangle print: great colours and I love the mix of illustration with the background print..  
Some of these prints have already gone so if you are keen, you may not want to leave it too long!  Build a bundle is here.
There is also a stash builder style range called True Colours

You can see how it co-ordinates beautifully with Dowry as well as her older ranges- Field Study etc but the patterns are more geometric and symmetrical and the prints stick to a smaller range of colours and tones.  Build a bundle is here.
New indie pattern companies are always of interest.  This is Mortmain by Gather, a London based pattern company.  It is a cute dress that is relatively simple especially the sleeveless option.  It uses an exposed zip as a design feature and these are a lot more forgiving to fit in a dress.  There is also a sleeve/cuff option included
I haven't seen many example of this dress made up but it is a cute style, I like the definition of the waistband and I think side seam pockets could easily be added.
My vintage antennae was alerted with these new Nancy Mahoney prints, Urban Classics. I haven't seen these elsewhere so nice choosing Annie! 
Great colours and I love the 1930s feel but without too much whimsy.  These two are my top picks.
'Sparkle Punch'- love the teal colour, love the drama of the design.
'Square Dot' in grey, a great basic for binding and background. 
Enjoy and I'll be back with more offers later!
sib blog

1 comment:

  1. I might have relieved her of some of that Koi canvas with my birthday voucher she sent me yesterday (not wanting the voucher to go 'off' or anything ;o) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.