I did end up making a change to the heart motif. I shrunk it down a little- the original seemed a bit large to place centrally, although I'm not sure I've done a better job with the second one. I also changed the colour from my first choice. I'm trying to balance colours out across the whole quilt and sometimes I can't see the effect of a colour choice until after I've sewn it up. I loved hand sewing the tiny squares on. I wasn't so keen on the zig zags, but they are pretty neat. The fingers were undeniably tricky but I got there!
Here's the first version:
I really liked the fabric (Suzuko Koseki) and the colour but the coral red has more impact and I've saved the heart just in case it might come in handy elsewhere!
I'm having a short break from online activities. I have a small operation to get over and lots of family events so I'll be dipping in-and-out of social media more briefly than usual.
See you in a few weeks x