Wednesday 5 February 2014

Eternal Maker: February fabrics and Offers

As promised, my second sponsor post of the day and another offer. Eternal Maker has a limited time discount for all European customers: 50% off postage for a week. I do like postage discounts, maybe its because more of the money I've spent has gone on fabric?  It always makes me feel like I've got extra value!  So for those of you in Europe looking to benefit (see end of post for discount details) and for everyone else, here's a look at what I've found at Eternal Maker this month.
This is an imaginatively curated textural bundle called 'Men in Black'.  Super mix of colours/substrates (cotton, linen, corduroy) and prints.
And here's another, Retro Techno
Great early 1960s vibe to this and I love the colours- reminds me of my kitchen which has a lot of red and turquoise with a dash of yellow.  This bundle cut up into large squares could make some lovely kitchen curtains.
For those of you with more delicate tendencies, this Shabby Patchwork bundle ticks all the boxes.
A very pretty French feel to these fabrics and the PB and Jelly prints (Raspberry Jam and Thermos) add a little edge.
I had to include this bundle as its such a beautiful picture, Up, Up and Away by Heather Moore.  
I think the key to this bundle is the addition of black.  I don't usually select bundles all from the same fabric range but I make an exception for this.
I have spotted some excellent dress making fabrics which have come into the shop in the last couple of months.  Firstly, this Chambray Union Spot from Robert Kaufmann.  
This reminds me of the finer Japanese dotted fabrics as the spots are woven in which gives it a delicate texture with the threads floating across the back.  Its lightweight- great for tops particularly.  I think a skirt would need lining unless you were dreaming of summer and wanting a slightly see through effect. I ordered a couple of metres straightaway and its 57"/145cm wide so that's enough to make a tunic or long skirt as well as long sleeved shirt.
Robert Kaufman Chambray Union range must have been a massive success for the company- I am seeing it all over blogs and social media- so wearable and unisex for those dipping their toes into menswear.  Another fabric from the same range is Chambray Union Denim.  
There are tiny flecks of colour with this chambray which breaks up the all over denim effect which could get a little Status Quo , although I confess I am a denim on denim fan but I know caution is needed.  I checked this fabric out on the RK website and it weighs a little bit more per ounce than the dotted fabric and is a standard weave so it would be a little more hard wearing and I am hoping will work without lining- I haven't seem it in person yet, but I have dress plans for this.
For those of you tempted to try knits by the recent free Plantain pattern download, there are some very wearable  cotton lycra Laguna jersey fabrics, again from Robert Kaufman and extra wide at 145cm in heather grey, heather pepper, onyx and aqua.


All such wearable colours.  I know we are drawn to picture prints and cuteness but these fabrics are the core of wardrobe basics and the basis of what I wear on a daily basis.  Well done to RK to offering such possibilities for dressmakers!
And just in case you need a fix of cute and a fabric that is catching the wet weather currently engulfing the UK, Bon Poche Rainy Days by Kiyohara
Here's the postage details for all you Euro customers.  Eternal Maker post worldwide too as well as in the UK.
Keep dry, especially the UK peeps x
sib blog

1 comment:

  1. So many pretty fabrics! I love Up Up and Away.And the chambray...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.