Sunday 20 September 2015

September at Eternal Maker

Eternal Maker have been busy the last few months setting up stall at shows and fairs- this weekend at the rather lovely looking The Handmade Fair which from the Instagram festival looks like a cross between a  textile show and an upmarket festival- the good weather helped.   I 'll confess I felt tinge of envy towards those who managed to get there.  I digress.  Let's look at what Eternal Maker have in store online instead.
There's some newly arrived Nani Iro double gauze including these En Garden prints:


My recommendation with Nani Iro is that if you like it, buy it sooner rather than later.  Some prints capture people's sewing imagination and fly out of the shop never to be seen again and there's nothing like scarcity to make you want a fabric more than ever! 
This Stella corduroy pin cord  from Lotta Jansdotter caught my eye.  Perfect for children's clothing or t- I am imagining dungarees but whatever takes your fancy.  I'm also imagining a simple, tactile cushion.


This Oliver and S Art Museum vest and trousers pattern would be a great use for the pin cord.


I mentioned Lillestoff jersey fabric in last month's post but I think this fabric has arrived since then, or I missed it.  Some of their designs are aimed principally at children but this Enemenemeins Grey has a little more versatility:


In the Men's pattern section, you will find Thread Theory patterns.  This might be a new company to you?  They've been designing patterns for a while, mainly menswear but with a diversion into women's wear with the Camas blouse.  The Strathcona Henley top is my favourite out of the three.  I like the Henley as a male or female style- I find the button placket adds more interest than a standard scoop or round neck.


It would work beautifully in Robert Kaufman Laguna jersey in Onyx- black cotton jersey with 5% lycra, 150cm wide.  I've got some of this waiting to become Yoga clothing for me and the daughter and it's lovely quality.  There'sa Strathcona Henley sew-along currently taking place at the Thread Theory blog and there have been some excellent posts packed full of excellent advice including
I throughly recommend having a read through!  The other Thread Theory patterns available at Etneral Maker are Jedediah pants, a chino style trouser/shorts pattern 


and the Newcastle cardigan- a sweatshirt style top with button fastening.


There's some soft looking cotton jersey fleece that would work for the Newcastle cardigan and also for a Grainline Linden sweatshirt.   The front looks like a knit and the back has the fleecy finsih that makes it feel cosy.  You can go for a navy fleck (95% cotton, 5 % elastane)


There's a vibrant green if you want a bit more colour, and a grey for a more neutral option.


There are some new arrivals from Janet Clare's latest quilting collection for Moda, Nocturne.    This is Galaxy in grey, (also available in taupe):


And this is Matchsticks in grey (love this one!), also available in navy.


Less is definitely more with this collection.   I hope you enjoyed this month's visit!

sib blog

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.