Tuesday 19 March 2013

Sewing Directory Meet Up

 I thought I had that Retreat feeling stored in my somewhere but I had forgotten how good it was until Saturday and the first of Fi's Sewing Directory Meet Ups at Exeter.  It was glorious!   Here are the highlights with pics mainly borrowed from Fi.  Meeting people I've know on line for a while in person is always a treat- Rachel from House of Pinheiro travelled from Kent and she was a honey!
It was a chatty relaxed meet up.  I taught some EPP skills plus some Sizzix Big Shot action for hexagons and more with fabrics kindly supplied by Annie at Village Haberdashery.
 Kath from Sew La la, brought  fabrics  buttons and lovely sewing themed trinkets- bargains everyone of them.
Helen, Tami and friend (I want to say Sue?) busying away at their hexagons.
Hello lovely ladies!
I forgot how incredibly uplifting it is to be surrounded by people who all love the same thing.  I didn't sew many stitches as I was teaching, but really the sewing is incidental, it is the meeting up and sharing that makes these days special.  Bags to marvel over, skirts to admire, blocks and accessories to coo over.  Sponsors provided raffle prizes for some lucky winners as well as some goodies for us all to take away.  I was very lucky winning vintage 1976 Laura Ashley fabric won in the raffle (I may have punched the air) and I was also given some aptly named tea wrapped up in Liberty lawn (peacock feathers in the background)  the lovely Helen, thank you Helen and it was great to meet you at last!
I know Fi was nervous as this was the first one but it was so warmly received that she has already started planning the next Exeter  meeting.  I wasn't nervous because I know Fi is a great organiser, she intuitively brings like minded people together.  It will be a little longer this time and is pencilled in for early Autumn, I have a few ideas on what to teach too.  Thankyou to Fi x
Meanwhile, more meetings are coming up in London and Liverpool and Fat Quarterly Retreat is getting closer- 3 days of that feeling, bring it on!
sib blog

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely write up Kerry, and for being such a great teacher & helper. I can't wait til the next one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun Kerry! So looking forward to FQ retreat can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to spend time with sewing friends ~ old and new.
    This past weekend I spent time with 10 of my favorite sewists at a little sewing retreat for 4 whole days. It was lovely and we had 4 friends of mine (new to the group) join us. We sewed our little hearts out and laughed a lot. Everyone got lots done (there's no theme ~ just sew what you want) ~ I even got some reading time and a little farther on my lacy sock.
    Wish I could come join you at the FQ retreat ~ maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd heard from friends this was a great meet up, hope to make the next one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kerry nice to be in touch, Fiona had told me about the meet up I sent her some of my Cat Club postcards. Gather it all went really well. Wish I could get to Fat quarterly meet up but I've spent so long finishing my next collection I now need to paint like a mad woman for Chelsea Flower show. So I will have to content myself with looking at everyones blogs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.