Monday 21 March 2011

Swap Goodies

My pincushion arrived today from the Scrappy Pincushion Swap Flickr group.  It was made by Tiffany of Tigglegiggles,what a cute little pinnie- the back is a Heather Ross Spoonflower mushroom print- so pretty and she put a tape measure into the package too- thankyou Tiffany!
And this arrived last week from Megan of Megs Monkey Beans.  This was a little swap we organised for just the two of us, it was fun to give and receive for such a nice bloggy friend
Isn't this wonderful- lots of turquoise, aqua, kitchen prints, Farmdale- yum
Practical too- you can put your hand in, and nice and thick, although I can't bring myself to use it and get it all covered in food- I am looking at it in the kitchen instead!
She also send a great little pile of fabrics- none of which I had, and the recipe for Cinnamon buns (the ones I made yesterday) along with some extra strong cinnamon.  It was the cinnamon that started the swap idea off.  Cinnamon is such a popular flavour in the US and in the UK this is not really the case.    I can only get the usual stuff here and this is hardcore cinnamon, delicious! 
I made her this
And send a little pile of fabrics and some fancy little chocolate bars.  Pop over to Megs and look at this wonderful purse she made for her Mother in law, I love it.
And now you can have a little visit to the lovely Lynne's Lily's Quilt Blog where I am guest posting for her quilt-a-long.  Can I tempt you with these fabrics?
Or these?  
If anyone in the UK or Europe is interested in buying a FQ of the Michael Miller Sentence Structure print(at the bottom of the pic below)- 'Look, Dick.  Look, look' I just bought a few yards from USA so I am happy to sell a few FQs, I couldn't find it in UK or Europe ( I think it is out of print now) so send me an email if you are interested!
You can do a mini quilt if you don't want to commit to a bigger project, the Flickr group is here.  Lynne is a great host, and there is lots of help available and other quilters to compare ideas with.
Lily's Quilts QAL
sib blog

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm an expat, and I just bought some of that Dick and Jane fabric, makes me smile just *knowing* it's meant to read Peter and Jane.
    And you made my day with your comment on my mug rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Kerry I need some of that fabric if you can spare some!! I'll email you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of hardcore cinnamon, but that made me laugh! We do love cinnamon and a special treat for kids here is toast with cinnamon sugar on top. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I popped over here from heather bailey's tool page. I scrolled about halfway down the page and thought "I must follow this blog." So I just wanted to say hello and I love your little place here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet surprise to see this lovely post! Now I need to get going on my end of things! We've been waylaid with sick kiddos AND parents so little is getting done around here other than lying around and drinking juice or tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.