I chose version 1, a more fitted trouser with an invisible side zip and I opted for a straight across bib. The pattern also includes a looser trouser with pull on waist and a curved bib so you can mix and match the style elements. Size wise, following the body measurement guidelines, I cut out a size 2 bib; widening to 4 at the waist, and a size 4 lower half. I could manage to squeeze a full length pair out of 2 metres but I wanted the summery feel of the cropped style. The length of these uses the pattern hem line; I am 5' 5"/ 164cm in height. It's a well written pattern and fitting is minimal as the apron ties bring the waist in and out.
The only change I made was adding a layer of Liberty lawn to interline the pockets as they are sewn on to the front and I thought the linen would bag out in use. I also added a light fusible interfacing strip into the zip side seams. Otherwise, everything was as written in the pattern.A future change I would make would be to stay stitch the underarm section of the bib and maybe interface it with a very lightweight fusible as it did go a little out of shape at the edges.
The fit is good, especially in the trouser section. Dungarees are not the most flattering look on the derrière but I think these have the balance about right and you could easily make a few adjustments to make them more fitted, or choose the looser trouser pattern and have a baggy look. The size 2 bib is very slightly short and in hindsight, size 4 throughout would've been fine but the difference is minimal. They are a satisfying make and great to wear on a hot day out, the leg has just the right width to it, they look wide leg and not like clown pants! I have the Tea Dress in my dressmaking queue, along with some beautiful linen from USA so I'm tempted to start that next.
Other dungaree pattern suggestions:
Dresses: Tilly and the Buttons Cleo