Wednesday 18 May 2016

May at Plush Addict: Take Nine

Time for my May selection from sponsor,  Plush Addict .  This month, I can see my favourite colour, turquoise, has definitely influenced my choices!  I've selected three dressmaking fabrics, five quilting cottons and a gorgeous Gutermann thread collection that I bought recently from Plush Addict with an eye on sewing up some Closet Case Files Morgan jeans- partly out of personal challenge and also curiosity if I can make a pair that fit and are comfortable - I rarely wear jeans.  
May Plush Addict
  1. Alison Glass for Andover, Sun Prints, Spots Turquoise.  I love this colour combination, so vivid!
  2. Tropicana - Flamingos on White.  I have a feeling that Flamingos will be this year's 'Pineapple'!    It's already flying out of the shop- not sure if flamingos fly though ;) I've seen a lot of children's wear featuring Flamingos so this could be a good choice for little girl dresses and skirts as well as quilts.  By Lewis & Irene, see more here. 
  3. Tales of the Sea, Mermaids on Blue.  Mermaids are popular this year with the rerelease of Windham's Heather Ross Menocino line, this is Lewis & Irene's take on the underwater siren theme- lovely blues.  See the rest of the line here. 
  4. Cotton Shirting Ribbed Stripe.  This fabric has a slight ribbed texture to it. Great for shirts and also shirt dresses (you may want to line bodice/skirts).  The stripe suits patterns like this Vintage Vogue design where can place lines in different directions to create new visual effects.
  5. Gutermann Jeans/Denim extra strong thread set.  I ordered these last month and I love how they look.  The mid blue threads are slightly variegated so they blend into denim.  They are also a mix of 70% poly/30%cotton.  There's also top stitching colour options along with a dark indigo thread (these are 100 % poly). 
  6. Cotton Jacquard -Coral Pink Dobby.  The square dots in this lightweight dressmaking cotton are woven into the fabric.  Perfect for gathering, summer tops, lightweight blouses. 
  7. Alison Glass for Andover, Sun Prints, Packed Floral in Pink.  I like the delicacy of this print along with the boldness of the colours. 
  8. Riley Blake Greatest Adventure Clouds Multi- continuing the many rain themed fabrics around at the moment.  I like the colour combo in this one.
  9. Luxury Crepe in Aqua.  Quality dressmaking fabric in a glorious colour.  This fabric drapes wonderfully- imagine swishy, floppy palazzo pants or a draped lined dress.  Women's wear Designs from 1940s often work well in crepe. 

sib blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.