I was pretty sceptical at the tunic pattern in theory as it had no darts so I was expecting this to become a Pyjama top but I was very pleasantly surprised with the simplicity of this and how effective it was. I made a size S, I had already done a small bust adjustment on the bodice and the darts are not sewn for this shirt, extended the sleeves and added an elastic cuff using method 2 from Megan's tutorials.
The fabric came from Al, not quite sure what it is- a little viscose or rayon is in there and it dries really fast- what it does have is great drape for a light weight fabric and that's essential for this top- no quilting cotton for this one, it needs drape.
Then on to the Darling Ranges dress. Size S with added back darts. I took it in a little at the waist- about ½" on each side and I also added the waist ties. It is an easy, relaxed fit.
I placed all the gathers to the centre front and back so the hips are smooth as I know this suits me.
The fabric was Flumes by Sarah Watson for Art Gallery, the Luxe in Bloom range. Art Gallery cottons are a lovely weight for dresses and have a silkier feel than most quilting cottons. I used 2.5 metres to make this dress. There was a great little circle pattern to fussy cut for the fabric covered buttons. They are also so easy to make- tute here.
And my little helper was on hand to photo bomb the pics.
Megan took all the pattern testers' comments on board and tweaked the pattern further and it was a pleasure to test for her. You can find all her PDF patterns here.