Friday 30 December 2011

The Camera Never Lies

I am normally up to date with my bee blocks but Amy's Ocotober Ringo Pie block slipped by the wayside.  Her theme was 'The Camera Shop'.   I have been saving images for a while, I was all ready to do a vintage Super Color Polaroid Land camera with a solid green polaroid coming out of it.  I drafted it, bought rainbow ribbon and kept trying to put time aside to work it through.  It never really appeared in my head, I had the concept but I couldn't visualise it and no fabric was talking to me.  Last week, a new idea crept in, fully formed, fabrics, details- I could see them all.
A vintage film canister, Kodak inspired.  I am lucky.  I have a great memory for colour.  The biggest swatch board is in my head. Unfortunately, once I think of a fabric or a colour, I then have to find it,  search round the zillions of different places where I store fabric.  Most of my stash is small pieces, half yards, fat quarters, scraps.  With this block, I pulled the fabric in minutes and unusually the vintage fabric is the background.
This could only be Amy's block.  She is an intensely creative person, her work has great colour and imagination.  Her personality comes through it as I think it does for us all.  You may not have met your blogging friends in person but you have seen their inner imagination and personality through their work.  
Fabrics- Vintage floral print, vintage green solid, Kona school bus with versacraft ink stamp, Sweetwater Authentic Newsprint, Suzuko Koseki text/number fabrics, Kona Brown, tiny squares of Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jumps Rope.  
sib blog 

18 comments:

  1. Wow Kerry that just looks absolutely amazing, the colours are perfect...Amy will be stoked for sure!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning block Kerry! Great use of colour and your fussy cut details are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks absolutely fab! Love that you got an ISO number on there, and the text is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kerry, this is wonderful. Love your interpretation of the camera shop. So worth the little delay. Rushing creativity is not easy....
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours on this block are amazing! The canister really pops out and has such a retro feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful and happy colors!!!!!!
    Happy 2012 Kerry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really found just the right colors and fabrics. It does scream "Amy." She must be thrilled. And the green reminds me of the background she uses for her photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this block (like all of the rest of yours). Reminds me of many happy hours in the darkroom!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun story! And the block is amazing. Wow. I love the green background and vintage fabrics. They really set the stage for the film canister. And the versa craft printing....really a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kerry! it's so amazing, every little detail is so well thought out. Beautiful, and I love it when the idea is so clear in your head, perfect inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! I love camera film. That Kona School Bus is my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot say it enough, you are truly amazing, creative and brilliant! This is perfection at it's best. The colors are perfect and the little tiny pieces, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been so productive lately! This one is also amazing work of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow! Do I ever love this block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.