Friday 4 November 2011

Scandinavian Christmas Tree- Free Pattern Download!


It has been a hectic few days, my Scandinavian Christmas Tree cushion pattern is now available to download for free at The Sewing Directory
I wanted to take a pic of the cushion with my new machine which came yesterday!  However, it is pouring with rain, grey a gloomy, too dark for photos so here are a few from last night.side by side view taken last night: new giant Memory craft Quilter's Companion 5900 next to my little Jem.
side by side view: new giant Memory craft Quilter's Companion 5900 next to my little Jem
I was very fortunate to win a Janome as all the feet will work on the new machine- it comes with many more too.  It ways a tonne!  I have already been sewing, working on Christmas paper piecing patterns- sews like a dream and it really is like they say- "whisper quiet!"  I cannot say a big enough thankyou to Fiona at Sewing Directory for organising and holding the competition, to the judges at David and Charles, Janome and Cloth for choosing my design, and of course to Janome for providing the most perfect prize.  This is the machine I always wanted but couldn't afford to buy!  There is of course the other fantastic prize: being published by Cloth for the winter issue, out early December!
And this is what I tested on my new uber machine, a preview of my new paper piecing pattern, Candy Cane available soon!  

sib blog

23 comments:

  1. Oh the new machine is magnificent!!!
    I love the candy cane - off for a spot of downloading now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern!
    And oh, how fun it must be to work on your new sewing machine!!
    Look forward to your new pattern (o: I finished the first set of gloves, scarf and hat (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that didn't take long to get to you - I hope your two machines will become firm friends....off to download too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree pillow. And of course, that new machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kerry! Love reading your blog, although I don`t comment very often. Love the cushion. Love Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab new pattern Kerry! Have you tried FMQ on the new machine yet - can't wait to hear how you get on with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again!
    Your excitement must be now at zenith point:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference in size! Glad you're enjoying your well deserved prize and the candy cane looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you so much for the pattern! and again Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on winning that beautiful machine, you deserve it :) I'm a Bernina girl myself, but it looks like a very nice machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the pattern, and have loads of fun with your new toy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the pattern! The way you described how your new machine sews made me want to buy one right now! :D Congratulations again, have loads and loads of fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on winning such a great machine! thanks for the lovely cushion pattern! I am off to download!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh fabulous well done, that machine is a beauty! I'm on the lookout for a new machine I'll give Janome a look over.
    Love the candy cane too, great idea!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. your new machine is lovely. what are you going to name her? and i love your candy cane pattern. it looks like you are working so hard to make this piecing accessible to everyone. you are pretty darned amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations again Kerry! Enjoy - it looks fantastic!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that candy cane kerry! can't wait to buy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderfully indulgent does a flash machine feel! LOVE the candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh!!! How lovely!! And I love the candy cane, too! Can't wait for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for the wonderful pattern. And, wow, that machine is MASSIVE! :) Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful things you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Kerry,

    I am a little late on my congratulations, but yippee for you winning!!! That is fantastic! And that winning-tree pattern, it seems like one even I could manage, thank you so so so so much for sharing it! And oh, how many happy days I wish you sewing with your new (massive! super! the greatest!) machine! Enjoy it dear, you so deserved it!

    Happiest greetings from Finland again!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gratulation to your new sew friend......I'm sewing on a Janome and I'm loving my machine !!
    Greetings from Munich ♥BunTine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kerry, I just wanted to say congrats on winning the competition over at The Sewing Directory! the pillow is very charming! Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.