- Robert Kaufman Essex yarn dyed linen with metallic. This is a lovely fabric which has a little structure and body. I've got some sample squares from this range and it glimmers! I thought this might be a little scratch with 10% lurex but no it just feels like linen/cotton blend See all the available colours here.
- Mona Luna Wanderlust- the luxury of an organic cotton lawn collection. Lawn would be a good fabric for the Megan Nielsen Sudley pattern.
- Megan Nielsen Harper Shorts and Sudley top. Two of Megan's newer patterns, both come with extra options, a skort with the shorts which are fully lined by the way- nice touch- and would be great with the Essex dyed linen metallic, and the Sudley is also a dress with collar variation.
- Bari J for Art Gallery, Joie de Vivre Collection. A painterly modern floral collection including quilting cotton, canvas and voile- a knit jersey is on the way too
- Great British Sewing Bee book 'From Stitch to Style,' by Wendy Gardiner, signed by the very worthy winner, Charlotte Newline!
- Magic by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller. Mermaids, Unicorns and metallics. Mix of patterns including a stunning border print.
- Deer and Doe patterns. French stylish dressmaking patterns for women- all translated into English- are now available to buy online. I rather like the Lupin jacket which would be another suitable pattern for the Essex metallic linen and I would line it too.
- Mona Luna Wanderlust Lawn- Sky. Gorgeous abstract water colour style print on cotton lawn.
- Chloe's Closet for Moda, Sew and Sew. Beautiful nostalgic florals on quilting cotton. Doopsey Daisy in Orange Fizz and Garden in Orange Fizz with Whip Cream, great names.
- Patterns to Buy
- UK Fabric/Sewing Shops
- About Me
- Free Tutorials/Patterns
- Blogging Tips
- UK Bra/Lingerie Supply Shops
- Farmer's Wife 1930s QAL
- My Small World QAL
- Foundation Paper Piecing
- Tova Sew-along
- Circle of Stars QAL
- Wardrobe 2020
- Wardrobe 2019
- Wardrobe 2018
- Wardrobe 2017
- Wardrobe 2016
- Wardrobe 2015
- Wardrobe 2014
Thursday, 11 August 2016
August at Village Haberdashery
As usual, Village Haberdashery has had a tonne of new arrivals this month so I've picked nine of the new fabrics and patterns and I've included some stacks to get the most into my August sponsor selection.