Judie Rotherham, Grace in a pickle (Yellow)
Rotary Cutting Dimensions
(cutting approx. ¼" larger for foundation piecing)
A1, B1, A3, B3: cut (4) 1 ½" squares
A2, B2, C3, D3: cut (4) 1 ½" x 3 ¾" rectangles
C1, C2, D1, D2: cut (4) 2 ¼" squares (2 each in contrasting colours)
A4, B4, E1, F1: cut (2) 4 ¼" squares squares; sub-cut each square diagonally to make a total of 4 half square triangles
Top tips for this block
- Pre-cut all pieces
- Use a water based glue stick. I use Sewline, to stick the first piece of each section
- Chain piece sections in pairs
- Add triangles E and F without paper. It helps to find the centre of the diagonal of each triangle and make a finger press crease so it can be centred with the 4-patch square the middle as it joins on to the block. Trim the blocks to 6 ½" after both half-square triangles have been added.
Remember you can:
- Hashtag #fw1930sqal on Instagram and add photos to the Flickr group if you like to share there.
- For individual blocks, you can use #Lilyblock and #Lolablock on Instagram, Fat Quarter Shop and Angie are using these hash tags, #fw51lily, #fw52lola, I'm using both hashtag systems.
- You can also copy and paste links to any blog posts you do on these blocks in the comments and I'd love to visit and take a look.
Fiona from Poppy Makes is back as guest blogger next Monday.