Tuesday 13 October 2015

October at Village Haberdashery

Annie and the team have been busy with a busy few days at The Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace plus all the preparation that is going into the crowd funding initiative to expand the shop to new premises and then open more branches around the county.  Meanwhile, more stock has been arriving, so time to take a look round!   The Good Karma range by Stephanie Ryan captures some of the bright colours still around on the sunniest days.


My favourite print in this range is the yellow- Possibility.  I love the painterly style of it. 
Ready for more colour? This is a knit fabric in an acrylic blend, a large print. 'Retro Swirl'.  


As there's no lycra in this jersey I think it would suit dresses or a drapey top like Zoe's Batwing design rather than something too tight.  The wrap dress by Sew Over it could be one option; the wrap and tie provides most of the shaping.  The Moneta dress by Colette has an easy style with the fluidity of the gathered skirt.  Annie describes this fabric as a lightweight sweater knit.


I saw a preview of Lizzie House's The Lovely Hunt collection when I attended her Meadow quilt class at Village Haberdashery in January.   It's a stunning range, rich colours, amazing artwork and I love the design continuity with her other collections.   The Raspberry Bramble in Green is a winner for me!


If you haven't caught Sandi's interview with Lizzie on The Crafty Planner podcast, I thoroughly recommend it.   Lizzie has a lot to say and is very open in her responses.  I found it a moving listen,
As with Carolyn Friedlander's last collection, Doe, her latest Carkai arrived at Village Haberdashery before  it arrived anywhere else. Its a collection with a bit of everything; low volume, rainbow colours, even a hint of metallics.  You can see all the fabrics here and there is a build a bundle option here


Time to rest your eyes?  I stumbled upon these low volume prints.  they are from a range called Tik Tok designed by Jen Ski for Moda.  I like the mid-century feel of these.  Fish Ecru Charcoal on the left and Stars Ecru Charcoal. 


I always check the Chambray fabrics at Annie's shop and there's a new one from Robert Kaufman, Chambray Union Anchors.  It's quite lightweight, I would say a good shirt weight so it would make great tops but you might need to consider lining for skirts and dresses especially if they lack fullness  


And to finish, I couldn't resist these foxy prints.  The upper fabric is a cotton sateen from Echino.   It's got a little metallic and would be perfect for a party dress, maybe a By Hand London Kim dress?  Lower down is Kokka Fox print on double gauze- so cute!  


Enjoy!

sib blog

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.