Monday 30 March 2015

March at Eternal Maker

Time for my visit to Eternal Maker, I know Rachel and Anna have been busy at the Cologne textile fair over the weekend looking at future stock, so let's see what's in store at the moment.  Japanese company, Hokkoh produce beautiful prints on high quality substrates. These bird prints are on a cotton/linen blend, in blue and yellow


There is another bird print by Hokkoh on cotton canvas that is stunning- great for bags, cushions, baskets etc and in the most gorgeous shade of blue.


This print, Daisy Play in yellow from The Makers by Cori Dantini for Blend fabrics caught my eye.  A very soft pattern, it reminded me of Angie Lewin's lino cuts.


I also found this Rogue Stripe in blue from the same range and I really like it- organic and gentle with a little heat from the pink dots.


I do love that in my trips around Eternal Maker, I always catch ranges like The Makers that have passed me by on social media but I am glad to have found.  I stumbled across a print called Dairy Stripe from a   Moda collection called Milk Cow Kitchen by Mary Jane Butters.


Isn't that gorgeous!  It would be great used on an apron or even as a quilt binding.  I found this print, Utensils in blue and red that are part of the same range.  Mary Jane Butters designed the Glamping range for Moda a  couple of  which was another range that I really liked.


I do always find some old favourites at Eternal Maker.  Jane Klopp's Amercian Jane prints are always a delight.  This Little Miss Muffet print is a classic vintage style floral.


I think it would play beautifully with this larger Lecien floral, Medium Floral blue from Flower Sugar.  There is a larger version of this print available too.


For Echino fans, there is a 10th Anniversary fat quarter bundle of their newest prints.  So vibrant! Love that hot pink.


And to finish, a pattern/fabric combination which is the perfect marriage.  Christine Haynes' Marianne Dress pattern for knit fabrics (you can find the sew along posts and tutorials here).


And this blue/charcoal cotton/spandex striped knit (also available in pink and green).


You can also find jersey bias binding, newly arrived, in a large range of colours and great for necklines.


Enjoy your shopping!

sib blog

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.