Monday 2 March 2015

Liberty 'Hello Kitty' Kanerva Blouse

My second outing for the Named Clothing Kanerva blouse pattern.  This time in Liberty lawn, Hello Kitty toile style print, bought a couple of summers ago from Fabrics Galore at Fat Quarterly Retreat.


I tweaked the pattern slightly, a quarter inch reduction centre front and back so an inch all round plus I reduced the slope on the shoulders at the neck side. It still needs a little more tweaking as this version was a little tight across the chest and I had to let out the scant seams.


The lowered the neckline which makes it look a little softer, but there is some extra fabric in the high bust area so I will trace again and make a little alteration to lose some of the excess for the next one.


I made the sleeves around an inch longer, I like the effect.


Close up on the fabric, love the musical theme.


You can read my first post on this pattern here

My sewing is little all over the place at the moment.  I've sewn a lot of things for my daughter in the last few months and I've also been making lots of things for friends samples/market/pattern tests/blog hops in the last month which will pop up here in time.  Quilting has taken a back seat, apart from hand sewing 'Bring Me Flowers' and clothing has taken over along with some family stuff but there are too many things in progress which just makes for mess and chaos. I need to prioritise and let go of a few things before I start anything else.  Thankyou as ever to Lula for taking the photographs in a moment of beautiful sunlight. 
sib blog

8 comments:

  1. That's a fun yet sophisticated Hello Kitty print, it doesn't scream 'Hello Kitty' at all, and works really well for clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particarly like the bodie cut of this pattern. I know it would fit me, but I just like the vintage look of hoe th neckline flows. I can't wait to see all the incoming posts! Spring break is almost around the corner! Did you happen to use a different needle for liberty lawn? Or stay with normal sewing needle
    . Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That print is amazing! I wouldn't have noticed it as Hello Kitty at first glance. And she's playing the cello?! TOo too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I think I will make my own version of all your tops. You've created gorgeousness again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Hello Kitty print ~ so subtle and lovely! Love the top too, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the print is adorable and I love your top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.