Going through the google reader catching up I was surprised to read my blog name for a Versatile Blog award from Lynda at Hookin' with LaaLaa.
I don't know where this originates from but the I give a big thank you to Lynda, and now I have to drum up 7 interesting facts about myself.
1. I have Botox injections to prevent migraines. Four in my forehead and six in the back hairline of my neck very 6 months. Yes they hurt- 10 injections in one go makes you brace yourself just a little- but it works and I am very grateful for them.
2. I am a rubbish traveller and wish I was better. In my head I would like to go everywhere but in reality I have only been to Paris when I was 17 and Amsterdam at 32, both of which I loved. I am working to improve this.
3. I once did a presentation to buyers at Topshop as a knicker designer- the sort that you buy on offer 2 pairs for £6.
I was not successful- it is all about bottom line, excuse the feeble pun, and the company I was with couldn't compete with China.
4. Apart from needing to sew and make things to stop...
I also need music. I can play- with varying degrees of success, piano, flute, clarinet, saxophone, guitar and recorder. I love listening to music, like a good aroma it can take you to a time and place and everything is unchanged- hearing Jeremy by Pearl Jam on the radio did that to me last weekend.
5. Vintage fabric does funny things to me, especially if I find it in a thrifty, bootsale sort of place, better than any alcohol or drugs. I get serious withdrawal symptoms.
6. I was introduced to Nina Simone after a gig in Wolverhampton in the 1990s, shook her hand and ate a meal with the band. This was a serious incident of hanging on to my sisters coat-tails and I can't believe it ever happened.
7. I have worked with children of various ages for a long time. The thing they want from you most of all is your time- playing board games, going to the park, eating a picnic- all that counts for so much more than money. Sounds a little whimsical and trite but true.
Thank you to the Graphic fairy's wonderful blog for the vintage lady/scarf and the Alice in Wonderland image.
I am passing the Versatile blogger Award love on to...
take a visit to their lovely blogs, and they can take the award if they want to continue it.
This was post number 99, you know what that means. Be back next week for a giveaway- vintage kitchen inspired x