Tuesday 7 August 2018

Catching up and Festival of Quilts

I've had a few gentle weeks of recovery after a small operation.  There have been two family birthdays so ample supplies of cake and time together.  



I was lucky enough to be a part of Sarah Ashford and Charlie Mankin's Great British Quilter collaboration with Aurifil which was launched last week. Each thread represents a British quilter, I'm Spring Green 1231, read more about it here.  I feel immensely proud to be included and in the company of eleven talented, creative women.

These beautiful boxes of 10 x 50wt spools go on sale at The Festival of Quilts starting Thursday 9th August.  It's my first visit to FoQ and I'll be there on Thursday, including being part of a special live event at the Aurifil stand C1 at 4pm.   Karen Lewis will also be on the Aurifil booth signing her new Wabi-Sabi sewing projects book   Otherwise, I'm aiming to get around as many exhibits as I can and save a little time for visiting the vendor stands.  If you see me, come and say hello!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have recovered well. Enjoy your trip to the Festival of Quilts, I am sure it will be amazing and one day I really must get there myself. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to take photos where possible and I'll share here.

      Delete
  2. I love the photo of the hands carrying the cake through the door - that’s always such a special moment in a birthday. Enjoy FoQ. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a repeat action each year but slightly different too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.