Friday 19 February 2016

February at Plush Addict

It's been a chilly week so I'm going to start this month's virtual trip to Plush Addict with some warmer fabrics.  Starting with this check which I've just bought for some trousers:


It's a poly/viscose blend but don't let the poly put you off, you would never guess it's there.  It feels like a great quality suiting fabric, but is machine washable, soft and warm with a lovely feel.  Good for  dresses, jackets and skirts too.  I would say it has less formality than a medium weight wool suiting.  Also comes in light grey, blue and tan. 

If you do want wool, this wool blend diagonal twill coating looks like a classy fabric


Looking for coat inspiration?  I like the look of this Simplicity pattern.


It is a lined coat with all the fastenings hidden by the outer finish- there's a zip and a giant press stud. I like the gentle princess line fitting and the hood option.  Some YKK open-ended metal zips have just arrived that look good for this style.


Flannel makes the cosiest pyjamas and there are a couple of Robert Kaufman prints that have caught my eye, especially for dog lovers.   First up is this  Mini Dogs on Midnight Flannel- might have to persuade my husband that he could wear these!


and next, the same print but bigger and more colours- Urban Zoologie Dogs in Sky


Looking at the quilting cotton arrivals, I've already declared my love for Sommer by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller, I find it a very uplifting set of designs and colours.  Kelli has a selection of prints available in a soft coral/aqua colourway.  


A couple of classic dot fabrics are new in store, Makower polka dots in red and navy:

 

Vacation fabrics also by Makower are now in stock.  I wanted to mention these last month but they were still arriving.  A zesty colour palette combined with retro prints- there's a lot to like!

Still feeling chilly?  There's a hot water bottle template PDF, ready to download for free and Kellie's instructions to make it are here.


Enjoy x

sib blog

1 comment:

  1. Nice gray coat :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.