Sunday 28 February 2016

February at Eternal Maker

Time for my monthly visit to Eternal Maker and I'm starting off with a seaside theme with a Riley Blake collection, Offshore by Deena Rutter.


The standout prints for me are the little boats in the 'Sailing' design and the Lobsters which look like they are dancing!
There is a large selection of Ombre fabrics on the shelves of Eternal Maker at the moment.   I'm never exactly sure what to sew with them or even the optimum way to cut them up to make the most of the ombre shading effect but there's a helpful post on suitable patterns at the V and Co website and a jelly roll seems like a handy way to get a slice of each colour
The bolts of Ombre Basics look rather stunning too ( this pic is from Eternal Maker's Facebook page).  


I think they would work well with Karen Lewis's Blueberry Park prints for Robert Kaufman. 


I've noticed a new dressmaking section in the 'fabric by type' options and there are some beautiful fabrics in there, including this 'People' lawn from Hokkoh.




It would make a wonderful contrast panel on a shirt of dress or it could be lined with a burst of colour to show though the circles.  I could also see it being used on the Pauline Alice 'Carme' blouse- skip the tucks and use the daisies on the bib section.


The Pauline Alice Seda dress is another perfect candidate for a contrast Daisy panel:




It would make very cute shorts or maybe a Grainline Moss skirt? or Maritime Shorts?  I must be thinking of summer, at least in the UK as it's too chilly for either at the moment!  There are lots of Oliver+S patterns that would be a great fit for this fabric- see them all here.
For dinosaur fans big and small there's a super collection from Lewis and Irene called Jurassic Coast which has a mix of more abstract/patterned fabrics as well more illustrative prints.  I've chosen three fabrics to showcase the designs but you can find more colour ways here:


I try and find a bit of something for every kind of sewer in these sponsor posts- quilter, dressmaker, bags, cushions and more as well as something you may not have seen so I hope I've succeeded.  Enjoy!   

sib blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.