Monday 2 April 2012

Boys' toys

It is my nephew's 7th birthday today.  He requested a sewing box for his birthday- how happy was I?
No more Ben 10 or Harry Potter lego, instead a selection to stitch on binca canvas

Lula suggested a bento box- they come in lots of designs and the layers are a great way to store little bits and pieces.  I made him a needle book using Krista's tutorial and a mini pin cushion and Lula designed and cross stitched a robot card.

I love it when a plan comes together, and now to find out if he likes it!  Tea, cake and birthday games of Cluedo are calling x
(Edited to add)- it was a massive hit, he loved it!
sib blog

16 comments:

  1. You're kidding, that is so cool! For me, still knee deep in lego ninjago and beyblades this is very refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! What a grand chap! I'm sure he'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! My nephew is still in crash/smash/arrrghh mode so it'll be years before the idea of a sewing box even begins to occur to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's! So! Cuuuuuuuuute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab idea with the bento box, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, were you just giddy to be able to make that gift??

    ReplyDelete
  7. how super clever!!! and in a bento box no less. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, can I swap him for my son?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! Love the box, cute pincushion and brilliant scissors! Fantastic gift for a cool boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness - I want a sewing box like that! my son is almost 6 and he has started to ask questions and be interested in sewing so hopefully, a gift like this for him may be in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and oh so cool! I think I Need one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is inspired. Brilliant. What a marvellous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so great! When my son asked me to teach him how to use the sewing machine I was beside myself! He's quite the sewist now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how lovely is this gift, and what a sweet nephew!! Love it!! Hope he has a wonderful 7th birthday!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet he loved it! Using a bento box is such a great idea! The pinnie and the needle case are just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.