You will need:
fob strap fabric- decor/canvas weight is good 2 1/4 inches x 8 inches
Heavy interfacing- sew in or fusible 5/8 inch x 7 inches
Usual sewing supplies
Zipper foot and standard foot on your machine
1. Bring the long raw edges together and press down the fold. Open out.
2. Bring the long raw edges in by 1/2 inch on each side and press. There will be a little gap between them- see pic 2.
3. Slide interfacing in so it sits along the fold on one of the long edges. Press if fusible, if it is sew in it should stay in place with the fold.
4. Fold over along long length and topstitch with a long stitch close to each long edge.
5. From the bottom of the fob strap, measure 5/8 and press to leave a fold. Repeat but this time 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the fob strap. There should be 2 folds. Thread on the d ring of the lobster clip to the higher fold and tuck the strap in along the 5/8 fold.
Using a zipper foot (and you can also move your needle position using your stitch width setting if that helps too), stitch close to the D ring and at the fold. The folded side is now the back and wrong side of the fob.
With the right side facing up Attach the top of the fob into the seam allowance of the lining of the bag. It will be secured when the lining and the outer bag are joined together.
Your keys are now safe!
Any problems, email me and I will do my best to help!