My previous version of the Frankie top can be seen here. It fits well and I wear it a lot on days when it is neither hot nor cold, so that's many days in the UK! My adjustments to the original patterns (taking in the sides little and adding splits to the hem) can be seen in the first Frankie post. I used Liberty lawn for the back neck facing. The Frankie pattern can be found at Tessuti as a download here.
Wednesday, 7 June 2017
Frankie: Tried and True
You've most likely seen TNT or 'tried and true' on dressmaking blogs and Instagram. There's a helpful account of what it means here, although I feel on the second making (rather than the fifth in the article) this garment pattern becomes a TNT in my sewing domain.
On this version, I did a slight adjustment at the back and shoulder to allow for a little roundedness and to stop the front neck rising a little in wear, and I also dropped the centre front of the neck by ¼" so this one fits like a dream. Both versions are made with a wonderful Japanese Kiyohara knit which is now sold out at Eternal Maker, but I have found it (and bought some more) from Simply Solids in navy and rose red. It is a narrow fabric (90cm) so you do need to check the length accordingly, I squeeze this one out of 1.25m and it was tight. It is heavier than a standard jersey, 100% cotton and washes brilliantly well.