Tuesday 21 June 2016

Sharing: Named Clothing Kielo Wrap Dress in Floral Jersey for Girl Charlee



All the info is over at the Girl Charlee blog and I go into lots of detail about hemming knits, including lighter weight fabrics, on a standard sewing machine and share samples demonstrating a range of techniques and methods.  Pattern and fabric were kindly provided by Named Clothing and Girl Charlee in return for the blog post.  I chose this patterns after meeting another sewist (Shiona) wearing the Kielo and realising that the style had a lot more appeal for me than I initially thought- seeing things in the flesh can make all the difference!  

4 comments:

  1. I went over to Girl Charlee as I recently sewed an awful coverstitch hem. I think I need to change to a stretch needle. Thanks for all the other tips.
    This dress is so you. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super on you. Having looked at the original pattern I can see what you mean about not being so appealing but as you've made it, it looks a versatile floaty dress looks much more enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super on you. Having looked at the original pattern I can see what you mean about not being so appealing but as you've made it, it looks a versatile floaty dress looks much more enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great on you! Off to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.