Monday 27 June 2016

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Blocks 79 and 80: Patience and Patricia

There's a couple of easy blocks in the Farmer's Wife quilt-along this week although be warned, it's the calm before the storm, next weeks blocks are really quite a challenge. Starting this week with block 79, Patience (p.238  heart breaking letter of sadness p.70).  It's a simple nine-patch style construction for this block and only needs rotary cutting and sewing together.


Fabric Credits
Kona Sour Apple
Lori Holt Flower Patch for Riley Blake
Heather Ross for Windham, Tiger Lily, cats on grid in green
Ayumi  returns with a guest post for block 80, Patricia (p. 239  letter p. 52), go to her blog here.


Fabric Credits
Windham, Playdate, Diamond flower yellow
Kona Melon
Heather Ross for Wyndham, Tiger Lily Butterflies in brown

{For both blocks, I link to sponsor shops for fabric bought from them and elsewhere for other fabrics}

Even though this is a simple block, easy to rotary piece, although I ended up sewing the pieces together incorrectly three times...


Here are two more nine-patch blocks to add to my collection, eleven in total.


  • You can share your farmer's wife quilt blocks with the hashtags #fw1930sqal and for these blocks either #Patienceblock or #Patriciablock as well as #fw79Patience, #fw80Patricia
  • If you want me to take a look at your blocks, tag me on Instagram, I'm @verykerryberry or comment here and paste in a link to your blog
  • There's a Flickr group you can add to here.  All my Farmer's Wife 1930s blocks can be seen in this album and my 9-patch blocks in this album. 
Jo Avery is back as a guest blogger next Monday!  Back with the tricky blocks next week x
SaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing your side project of nine-patches, and this week's additions are stunning. I can never get over your color combinations. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fussy cutting in these blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.