Wednesday 1 April 2015

Spring Cleaning in Love Patchwork and Quilting

There are so many things that I have been working on for the last few months and it feels like they are all just about to appear!  Today is a big one for Penny and I as Sew-Ichigo.  We have designed a 'Spring Clean' themed foundation paper piecing cover booklet for Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine and it goes on sale in UK shops today and hits USA in around 4-6 weeks.


Part of the booklet is a detailed tutorial packed full of techniques to make your piecing easier and more accurate- construction of my radio block is explained in great details.


This is Penny's design, an atomic sparkle!


The soap bubbles was a joint design, started by Penny and finished and sewn up by me.


Shine is one of my favourites, I loved the contrast between the Oakshott blue and the Denyse Schmidt floral print. 


Penny picked the most perfect fabrics for this brush, the bristles have got so much movement!


Penny's Wash and Go block shows how effective fussy cuts can be in foundation paper pieced blocks.


This retro light was by me- I think it has the wrong name on.  Its a quick straightforward design to sew! A huge thank you to Jen and Alice and the rest of the team at LPQ for such wonderful styling and artwork, they did the best job and exceeding everything we could have imagined for this!

You can find Love Patchwork and Quilting issue 20 in Whsmiths, Supermarkets and large newsagents.  That's Lynne's beautiful Dresden style quilt on the front cover  too!  
sib blog

10 comments:

  1. Your designs look great! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocks look so interesting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun patterns! So nice you are in the magazine! I hope to buy the magazine too but I never saw it in the Netherlands, so I will have to look on their website I think.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the radio looks amazing and I love the "Housewife" styling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love love love these blocks so much!!! Now I want to not just sew these but also clean up around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these blocks Kerry and I actually might make one, as I love the look of them so much (despite not really being into FPP fiddliness!). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ! I'll be off to find the magaxine in town tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.