Sunday 26 April 2015

A Very Dapper Fox

I went to the Southwest Quilt festival a few weeks ago and a kit caught my eye and gave me an idea.    Cool Crafting had a stall packed full of well presented toy kits for dolls,  rabbits and foxes plus their accessories.  This is from the Reynard the fox kit; the cravat and waistcoat were my own addition. 



The construction is well explained and with the exception of the ears, sewn by hand.  


The kit includes buttons for joints, thread-  I found the black embroidery floss was rather weak so substituted with some perle cotton.  It also included stuffing but I ran out near then end so I dipped into my own supplies.
 The Liberty feet in Arrow B were my own addition, as was the linen waistcoat, a self drafted pattern and lined with a pink floral Liberty lawn and co-ordinating cravat.  


He's ready to be given.  A gift for my granny's birthday.  He's ready to join Miss Maggie Rabbit and a Christmas rag doll that are sitting in a sunny spot waiting for him.   Now to wrap him...


sib blog

10 comments:

  1. He is a dapper fellow and I love all the extra special touches you have given him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's very sweet. You can tell he has been made with love

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks grand. Love your additions. As you know, I've been making Luna Lapin and was considering the fox for my boy. I'm sure he's going to be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kerry,

    Isn't he the sweetest? Oh my, how handsome he is in his waistcoat, lovely! He for sure is ready for some new adventures with Miss Maggie Rabbit!

    Happy last days of April!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, he's gorgeous! The cravat and waistcoat are just perfect. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. He totally reminded me of Maggie Rabbit! I made my own Granny (and then my Mum at her request!) one for her 90th after seeing yours. He is super duper swanky in his waistcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He totally reminded me of Maggie Rabbit! I made my own Granny (and then my Mum at her request!) one for her 90th after seeing yours. He is super duper swanky in his waistcoat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's brilliant!! I hope your Granny loves him, and has a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.