Sunday 21 June 2020

Wide Leg Trousers in Navy Twill

 It's been a while.  Lockdown life is busy.  I've been doing lots of crafty social media for others and that doesn't leave me much time for my own!  Plus we've had our daughter sitting exams in the house and all of us working from home.  We're all safe and well, just missing our usual social activities and the family members we can't see, but thankful for the ones who live close by and doorstep socially distant chats!  Joni is living her best life with everyone at home and even Buffy, our cat is enjoying the extra company.  In May I managed to make a few garments I'm yet to share here so time to catch up!


I liked my M7445 wide leg denim trousers so much I made another pair.  This time in a gorgeous navy twill from Clothspot called Salthouse.  It's the most wonderful quality- deadstock from a top UK designer (think suits and multi-coloured stripes), a deep dark colour and has a little bit of ease so it worked beautifully for this pattern.   I did the same sizing and mods as my denim pair.  The hem was sewn by using a herringbone stitch which is a great stitch for a flat hem that you won't catch as your feet go through the trouser legs. M7445 such a great pattern, a real shame that it's recently discontinued, it's worth tracking down on eBay or Etsy.


 I did the same sizing and mods as my denim pair. although I didn't bind the waistband facing, I just overlocked the edge.  The hem was sewn by using a herringbone/catch stitch which is a great option for a flat hem that you won't catch as your feet go through the trouser legs and the stitches hardly show on the right side of the fabric.  M7445 such a great pattern, a real shame that it's recently discontinued, it's worth tracking down on eBay or Etsy.


Back soon with more clothing makes.  I'll leave you with a group of young ducks we spotted on our most recent walk by the river.  Over the lockdown months, we've seen young ducklings and they're growing up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.