Tuesday 21 March 2017

The Cora bag by Svetlana of SOTAK Patterns

Svetlana from sotakhandmade.blogspot.co.uk recently put a shout out for bag pattern testers on Instagram,  I had some lovely linen/cotton blend Maker Maker fabric waiting to become a bag so I jumped in and made the Cora bag, the pattern has now been released!




It's an intermediate pattern so you need some bag making experience but it is very straightforward and Svetlana's instructions are thorough with lots of photos. There are no pattern pieces to print, the bag is made of rotary cut shapes.  I opted for a snap closure rather than the inset zip.  There's interfacing on all the fabrics as well as a layer of foam- soft and stable is suggested but I used Bosal  In-R-Form sew-in as it's available in the UK.  You need a walking foot and I used a denim needle as I was using heavier fabrics throughout and sewed on my Janome Horizon as it's very good at sewing thick fabrics.




The Maker Maker fabric was from Olive and Flo but is now sold out.  Saira had two prints in small quantities so I bought this one quickly as she was told by the rep that it is not being distributed here.  Such a shame, it's lovely stuff.  I've used the bag a lot already and I love it's bouncy structured feel and relatively simple style - less is more for me with bags.  Dress is a recently made Darling Ranges maxi from my #2017makenine  , with which I am making good progress! 

You can see the other tester's bags here, and they are an excellent selection, plus the pattern is on offer for a very brief time! 
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I love your bag and the fabric you used for it. Also your dress - perfect outfit for your next shopping adventure :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is wonderful and I do love how you've combined the denim with the Maker Maker fabric. Many thanks for mentioning Olive + Flo - I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.