Wednesday 29 March 2017

Dog Quilt for Lottie

I've been meaning to make our dog Lottie a new quilt in ages.  Her old one, despite repairs has worn through in many places. I recently wrote a feature in my Sewing World Final Thread column all about subscription boxes (it's in the current April issue) and Amy and Angela at My Sewing Box kindly sent me a dog themed box as an example of what they put together on their one-off gift boxes.  I mixed some of those fabrics with some similar colours from my stash, plus some precious Heather Ross dog fabric, and using a Fancy Tiger Double Star Quilt pattern from a Creative Bug class and stitched her up a little quilt. 










Simple quick construction.  Wide lines of echo quilting, an extra quilted star in the middle and a hand quilting star in Aurifil 12wt in the centre.   Finished size of around 40" square.  Lottie is very happy with it and quickly identified it as her quilt and I enjoy having her and the quilt sat on my lap. 

6 comments:

  1. Lottie is so cute and I just love the quilt you made for her, with the double star - look at her eyes glow :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! She looks very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Each photo. I've come back several times to look at it. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt and the puppy are both adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lottie is a lucky little girl....:) Such a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I shall be looking out for some fox terrier fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.