Monday 31 October 2016

British Craft Awards 2017: Vote for me?

I saw this British Craft Awards 2017 badge on my Instagram feed and by going to vote I found myself nominated in the Quilting blog of the year category!
A surprise and a thrill to see myself there alongside some other very familiar names...hi Jo, Lynne and Ali!



Even after a bit of research, I'm not totally sure what the British Crafting Awards are.  They cover many categories, (sewing, quilting, paper craft etc.) and Immediate Media, who produce many craft magazines, are behind them, that's all I gleaned from Googling.  I don't think there is an actual prize, rather the recognition that you are a part of the craft industry.  You can vote for the category of your choice (or all the categories) here.  It's relatively straightforward and there's a prize draw of Amazon vouchers for those who vote.  Realistically, it may be a bit of a long shot for me but, who knows!  I'll wait and see and it's lovely to be in the running.   

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the nomination! All the best ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some detective work too and I think there may be more info in all the immediate media magazines when the next or future issues come out. Last year seems to have been the first year they did this but they have increased the categories this year. There is a dormant facebook page with photos of pages of magazines with all the nominations listed from last year's awards. Anyway congrats and I am honoured to have been nominated alongside you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't sure I could vote as I don't live in the U.K., but yep, I could. So done! Congrats on your nomination. Hope you win 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.