Rotary Cutting for Foundation Paper Piecing
Centre Square: cut (1) 2 ¼" square
Small half square triangles: cut (2) 2 ¼" squares in blue; sub-cut each once diagonally to make 2 half square triangles
Large half square triangles: cut (2) 3 ½" squares each from two contrasting colours; sub-cut each once diagonally to make 2 half square triangles in each colour
Top tips for this block
- Pre-cut all pieces
- Use a water based glue stick. I use Sewline, to stick the first piece of each section
- Chain piece where possible
- Nest seams wherever possible. I sometimes press and change the seam direction when paper is removed to allow for nesting
- Cut the corner triangles bigger than needed and use the paper pattern still attached to the different sections as a guideline for trimming into shape (see photo below).
Marcus Brother Fabrics, Aunt Grace Miniatures, Flower Diamond Pink
Riley Blake Fancy and Fabulous, Breath in Mint
Remember you can:
- Hashtag #fw1930sqal on Instagram and add photos to the Flickr group if you like to share there.
- For individual blocks, you can use #evablock and #fannyblock on Instagram, Fat Quarter Shop and Angie are using these hash tags, #fw31eva, #fw32fanny, I'm using both hashtag systems.
- You can also copy and paste links to any blog posts you do on these blocks in the comments and I'd love to visit and take a look.
- You are welcome to watch and join in the chat on Periscope at 2.30pm GMT today, I'm periscope.tv/@verykb. It will be available for 24 hours to replay before it disappears! Link will be in my twitter feed @verykb and I'll post on Instagram and twitter about 15 minutes before it goes out.
Please note: I have linked to my sponsors on items bought through them and elsewhere for anything that has come from other shops.
Happy New Year! Back next Monday with Ayumi from Pink Penguin as guest blogger.