Monday 3 October 2016

Simple Sampler Quilt Along Starts Today!

Fiona and Julie at the Sewing Directory are leading a Simple Sampler quilt along using the tutorials I wrote for their website.  It's all easy, beginner friendly and a great way to learn techniques that you many not yet mastered- pinwheels, foundation paper piecing etc.  I couldn't resist joining in and using scraps for a bright mix of prints.  This is a bordered four-patch block:


And here's a scrappy nine-patch.  All the blocks are 12" finished and the aim is to make a small lap quilt (3x4 block layout) or make each blocks twice for something larger 4x6 layout.


The pace is slow and the blocks are quick.  Check out #simplesamplerQAL on social media and find out more here at Sewing Directory.

4 comments:

  1. Is there a PDF of the blocks available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, all the block tutorials are at the Sewing Directory website so you would need to check with Fiona and Julie. I have a PDF print option on my blog posts but I'm not sure if that's available on their website

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.