Wednesday 25 February 2015

February at Eternal Maker

I try and time my sponsor visits with new arrivals and some fresh stock is just in at Eternal Maker, just in time for my February trip.  I always find something I've not seen elsewhere and this print was the first fabric to catch my eye: Fisherman's Net, Kim Anderson for Windham


I really like the colours, soft with a little hit of red.  I like the pattern too- geometric but still sketchy and not too rigid.
A large selection of Ellen Luckett Baker's new Charm's range  have just arrived including this stunning half round metallic print.  I would love this for a bag.  Anna Graham's new collaborative design with Heather Bostic, The Caravan Tote and Pouch pattern, would be the perfect pattern for this.


If you are similarly inspired, Eternal Maker stock leather look bag handles here,  and spotty handles here.  Other bag hardware can be found here.  I would pair the metallic scallop with this olive linen/cotton yarn dyed blend from Robert Kaufman.


If you fear the metallic, the same scallop print is available in mustard (no sparkles), and charcoal.


And for those of you who like a cute animal combined with a soft geometric, the sheep print in mint is pretty darn cute.


This picture (owned by Eternal Maker) gives you an idea of the relative scale of the 'Charms' prints and others in the range.  


Also freshly arrived is the Echino 10th Anniversary collection in cotton sateen and also the usual linen cotton blend.  Atori in mustard is a gorgoues combination of colour and print- this is cotton sateen:


The sateen print is also available in black and purple.  If you are new to cotton sateen, it has a silkier touch than a standard woven cotton due to the weave.   It has a better drape for clothing- think dresses, especially full skirted (although that may be just my personal preference) and would give a soft, silky feel if used in a quilt. You sometimes see it used for high end luxury bed sheets because the feel is so good.  This co-ordinating Arc Birds yellow/green print is in linen/cotton blend:


Arc bird comes in four colour ways so as well as the yellow/green you can find pink, blue and purple.
I felt I had to show you this Buck Chevron print too, classic Echino!   This is in cotton sateen.


Amy Butler's Violette collection is full of spring and even summer optimism and has some wonderful colours and prints.  French Twist is a favourite. 


I am a sucker for teal and orange together!  You can see more prints from the Violette range here .  It's a strong collection with a lot of variety, one of her best for ages in my opinion.  If like me, this colour way appeals, this azure bundle has a few more from Violette:


I'll end this month's selection with one of my long term favourite designers, Naomi Ito for Nani Iro.  Some brushed cotton versions of her Sen Ritsu floral print have arrived and the combination of soft warm fabric, delicate flowers and the tiniest amount of sparkle is perfection. Dresses, PJ pants, tunic tops, shirts, quilts, whole cloth blankets- all work well with this brushed cotton.  




Mother's day isn't far away in the UK and I must say a few metres of any of these Nani Iro beauties to make lounge PJ pants would be the most wonderful and generous present!  Enjoy x

sib blog

4 comments:

  1. Those metallics are stunning ... interesting scale too, I never would have guessed without that photo for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those sheep ~ they'd make a great knitting bag!
    I'm a sucker for orange and teal too and the new design by Amy Butler is lovely!
    Such temptation ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove the Eternal Maker! Very special fabrics that you don't see in other places and great selection - I wish I'd be closer for frequent visits but still buy online. Definitely my kind of place <3!!!! I also love all your choices Kerry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.