For the first time in ages, I completed a Bee block in the right month. In Cocorico, Amy had asked for blocks from the 'Artist's Studio', great theme! I knew where this was going. When I want to do a quick colour sketch, I reach for my little water colour box, and that was my inspiration. I drew this out on quilter's graph paper and used that to rotary cut and improv piece the block.
I am not a massive fan of rainbow themes. I find them a bit predictable, they don't excite me, but this works for me with all the patterns and prints, old and new.
The hardest thing to piece was the paint brush, straightforward by itself but an awkward shape to fit into the rest of the block.
The smudgy multi-coloured vintage fabric was a bit of a gamble. It was meant to represent colour mixing in the lid palettes but I think in hindsight a dirty moda grunge in cream would have been better and given a little more clarity to the design, but I like the little cubes of paint.