Thursday 31 October 2013

Mercury Prize 2013 James Blake

Music is a big part of my life and I always look to see what comes up in the Mercury Prize short list.  James Blake won last night and he is a big favourite of mine, his music takes me to an emotional place.  Its not for everybody, its not the most commercial sound but he is a genuine artist and creative talent.   I love  his music with an intensity and he is a joy to watch as he recreates this track, Retrograde, live - you can see him record the loop that runs throughout right at the start of the film.    Congrats to James Blake, well deserved.



and another version of the same song, although a little different, hoping this works for you USA folks x


sib blog

5 comments:

  1. That James Blake link was beautiful. He seems like a worthy winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, hadn't come across him before, it's the kind of thing you ought to listen to in the middle of the night I think! I'm getting old though, I felt the urge to take a pair of scissors to that hair ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it. I couldn't access it. "the uploader has not made this available in your country."

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, thanks for posting this. I have never heard about him. He is fantastic and ohhhh so young ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry, the US link worked! Thank you for posting this...I liked him! ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.