Tuesday 22 May 2012

West Country meets LA

The Olympic torch came to my city over the weekend.  We went out to see and it was genuinely impressive- even if a little small from our vantage point!   Look to the centre...
We then went to a big screen to see a big gold cauldron being lit- all looked great.  And then yesterday the torch travelled on and by some strange circumstance, in the market town of Taunton only a few miles from- a mild and gentle place at the best of times- ended up with will.i.am as a torch bearer, tweeting as he ran.  He gave an interview- the conclusion of which is the funniest thing!
Taunton and East LA Housing projects- twinned at last.
sib blog

11 comments:

  1. Just had a listen, yep, perfect partners I imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love Will, he's just such a funny chap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just got back from seeing the torch in Street, Somerset and it was great, such a carnival atmosphere and fab weather. The kids loved it but were not impressed about going back to school afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool. My parents got out of bed early to see it in Pz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in London last week and that city is ramping up BIG time for the games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! that is funny! so happy you got to see it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny. Would have been fun to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting. I remember in 2004 when the torch came to Utah. It is a big deal. Some of my kids went to see it. It actually came within a block of where I work but I was working, so I didn't see it but it was so exciting. I remember how that felt. I'm super glad the olympics are in London this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hoot! We saw the torch in Wells yesterday. Great atmosphere, schoolchildren cheering everything that moved, people on the roofs, sunshine and then the torch. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a lovely atmosphere on Sunday in Exeter. How very odd that Will.i.am was in Taunton.... why Taunton??? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.