Sunday 20 May 2012

Have you got the D factor?

I am not talking cup size here- in which case I have the -A factor- D is for Dress!   The Sewing Directory, Abakhan Fabrics, Hobby and Home and Janome have all joined forces to run a great competition with highly desirable prizes, including the Janome Memory craft 5900- the same machine that I won in the Christmas competition and 4 runners up receive £50 vouchers from Abakhans.




I know from the lovely comments you make on my clothing efforts that there are a lot of you out there who are tempted by garment sewing and even if making your own wardrobe is not for you,  this competition includes accessories- bags,  purses, scarves, fabric jewelry- they all count!  



 Five designers will be chosen and Abakhans  will supply fabric for you to make up your design.   I buy a lot of fabric from Abakahns, the green linen from my new skirt was from there.  Their shops really are an Aladdin's cave of fabric treasures!  Go on, be brave,  plan a project, enter- my lovely sewing machine is only sitting here now because I did the very same.  Find out more details here.
sib blog

9 comments:

  1. i hope you win! you are so talented that i am sure you will! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nicke, I am not entering, I was already lucky enough to win on the last competition- I am calling for others to step up and enter!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. But SO tempting isn't it? I can totally visualize my ideal dress. :)

      Delete
    2. Are you brave enough to dip you toe in and give it a go?

      Delete
    3. I am at the dreaming stage at this point. I think I need to get the Tova shirt under my belt. I have literally not made a clothing item in over 10 years.

      You have so many clothing items that have me dreaming right now! I loved that recent skirt. (and totally laughed at the looking like our dog comment...I had a photo with one dog in which I realized he was totally making the same eyes at me I would make at him).

      Thanks for what you do. I have my fabric for my Tova. I just wish there were more hours in the day...

      Delete
  3. Do you have a link to your Christmas submission? I am fairly new to your blog so I wasn't around at that time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning our Dress Factor comptition,good luck to everyone who enteres. You don't have to be an expert designer to enter :-)

    You can view Kerry's winning entry to our Christmas competition here: http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/scandinavian-christmas-tree-cushion/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! I definitely wanted to see this. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.