Tuesday 30 August 2011

Catch Ups and Shout Outs

 A bit of blog house keeping.  I have been meaning to mention this UK website- a great idea for selling fabric small scale- a little destash perhaps, and bigger scale if you have lots to sell!  The brain child of Emma Thomsen from Its All About the Fabric a great blog full of handy links.  The Fabric Market Place works a bit like Etsy, you register to buy and you can use the same details to register as a seller too if you have sewing related goodies to sell.  It is a great idea, I love Etsy but there is so much on it that you can drown in the results when you are buying or selling, this is so specific, I hope it catches on,  I have put a few bits on to see how it goes.  
TheFabricMarketplace.com
I've just had a quick look at the categories- sewing machines, handmade makes, vintage- it just needs a few more people to go over and visit and add it to their bookmarks!  Emma is really helpful with any lisiting queries so if you want to dip your toe in the online selling or buying water, give her a try.  Her email is on her blog.
I have done a couple of Farmer's Wife blocks.  I tend to do these inbetween other projects as a bit of sewing rest and recuperation.  I am still quite new to traditional blocks so I am interested to see how more experienced sewing hands approach these.  Ayumi told me about Lori's blog- Bee in My Bonnet, what a great place to visit and Lori has some great tutorials for some of the Farmer's wife blocks.
80 Single Wedding Star
54 Kitchen Toolbox
couldn't resist the woodgrain (Joel Dewberry)  fabric here!
sib blog

15 comments:

  1. Such lovely blocks Kerry - well yours always are - thanks for the FW tut tip and for the intro to the fabric market place, will go and check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are gorgeous as always!!
    I've seen this site mentioned a couple of times, such a great idea I really hope it catches on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are simply gorgeous! Love how your fabric choices mirror the name of the block. So clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One look at those blocks tells me your stash must be amazing Kerry! I'll go and check out that website...(not that I need another excuse to buy fabric!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blocks-especially the woodgrain print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have spread the word about the site :)

    http://www.craftpimp.co.uk/index.php/topic,928.0.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! i love the addition of the woodgrain on your block. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the blocks! The focus prints are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks! I think I'll try IAATF when I get some better photos of my wonky quilt - that'll be a while coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerry, thank you so much for the mention, I really appreciate it. I love your blocks, you have a great eye for colour! E x

    ReplyDelete
  11. etsy has such a lousy search feature. i'll check out that site for sure. your fwqal blocks are lovely as always. i adore the kitchen toolbox one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful blog!!!! I'm a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your FW blocks! The kettle one would make a cute potholder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your FW are super cute! Love the text and the woodgrain print.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.